Officeworks Head Office Chadstone Place
Australian business Officeworks has moved around 900 team members into the new office space, at Vicinity Centres’ (Vicinity) recently redeveloped Chadstone Place office building located a stone’s throw from Chadstone – The Fashion Capital.
Chadstone Place has been described as one Australia’s most energy-efficient office precincts with a host of environment-friendly features. The refurbishment of Chadstone Place introduced modern design features including the removal of ceilings to reveal a tall interior space, an all-new high efficiency lighting system and the introduction of naturally ventilated workspaces for the tenant’s use.
The redevelopment at Chadstone Place has accomplished an exemplar ESG-focused refurbishment, with a significant carbon reduction, transforming the 8,100 sqm office building, achieving a 6-star Green Star – Design certification, and achieving an Australian-first International Living Future Institute Net Zero Carbon project certification.
Further demonstrating the building’s sustainability credentials, Chadstone Place is also a NABERS 5.5-Star Energy and 4-Star Water rated building. These ratings are reserved for highly efficient buildings fully powered by renewables and those that meet stringent measures, such as responsible construction, procurement and finishes, light quality and extensive landscape inclusions.
CAG Key Deliverables
Classic Architectural Group supplied and installed Tredfx Safety Stair Nosings and Tactiles throughout the project, including the grand, feature staircase in the lobby. Our team also conducted extensive LRV testing onsite, ensuring all installed Classic products met the required safety standards.
The project includes:
- Dedicated ground level lobby, end-of-trip facilities and bike parking
- New ‘Link’ for meetings, dining and functions with exclusive outdoor area
- Introduction of mixed mode zones with operable louvres for fresh air
- Sustainability focussed design, including: 6-star Green Star design
- Biophilic design features, which create connectivity to the natural environment
- All gender bathroom on every floor
- Dedicated well-being spaces including; prayer and ablution room, parents’ room, and first aid room
- Hearing augmentation in some spaces
- Accessible and diverse spaces that support different ways of working
- Space that has minimal visual distractions and background noise
Supplied and Installed
- Classic Tredfx SNR019 (Black)
- Classic Tredfx SH10N
- Classic Tredfx SH10N-B
Image Credit: Pixel Collective