Classic was engaged in the 2nd stage of the Northern Hospital Inpatient Expansion project in the third quarter of 2019.
With the demand for quality healthcare continuing to rise in Melbourne’s fast-growing northern growth corridor, the Northern Hospital has undergone a major rebuild and refurbishment.
This two-stage project allows Northern Health to ensure that families have access to first-class care close to home. The works started in July 2019 and the main tower and infill building works concluded at the end of 2020. Refurbishment works to the new Recovery Ward expansion continued into mid-2021.
The Northern Hospital Inpatient Expansion adds an additional 4-levels to the existing hospital creating space for three 32-bed wards accommodating 96 acute inpatient beds, three new operating theatres including one hybrid theatre, a critical care unit, a new Central Sterile Supply Department (CSSD), as well as laying the foundations for future additional expansion.
CAG Key Deliverables
Classic Architectural Group supplied and installed entrance matting, tactiles and stair nosings for the project.
Features of the new development include:
- Three 32-bed wards accommodating 96 acute in-patient beds
- Level 6 Pandemic Ward
- Three new operating theatres including one hybrid theatre
- New theatre recovery spaces
- Expansion of cardiology services, cath labs and medical imaging
- A Critical Care Unit with provision for development of a cardiac precinct
- A fitted out ground floor with kitchen, café hub, offices, transit lounge, emergency control room, morgue and communications rooms
- New electrical and lift infrastructure
- Future provision for a helipad
- A new Central Sterile Supply Unit
- Equipment loan centre
- Bio-medical engineering
- Loading dock
- Back office functions
Supplied and Installed
- Classic Vantt 5500
- Classic Tredfx PH06P
- Classic Tredfx Fastile PT30A
- Classic Tredfx DKR104