Australian Nursing & Midwifery Federation
Melbourne is justifiably proud of its laneway culture so, when a building was being designed as the new headquarters of the Australian Nursing & Midwifery Federation (ANMF), everyone saw an opportunity to contribute.
The headquarters at Elizabeth provides access to industrial, professional and legal representation, education and training facilities to over 81,000 nurses, midwives and carers.
With thousands of footfalls expected on a daily basis, the infrastructure needs adequate consideration for easy and safe access to people of all ages and abilities. In addition, the entrances and stairs need to ensure safe passage for people during wet days, while keeping the facility aesthetically pleasing always.
Working closely with the architects, builders and contractors, Classic proposed and implemented a solution comprising –
1) Integra Verse black anodised aluminium architectural reversible entrance matting in Charcoal colour for all the entrance areas, including the revolving door, waiting entry, retail entry and the street entries from both Elizabeth street and O’Connell street,
2) SNR019 aluminium safety stair nosing for hard substrate stairs covering over 50 mtr of stairs,
3) PT30A polymer 300 x 300 mm pads in black for enhancing access for the visually impaired and,
4) CSA series floor cover strips, which are designed for smooth transition between different flooring surfaces.
Application highlights: Internal and external applications. Entrance mats for revolving doors.
* Clean and safe floors for healthcare professionals, patients and visitors alike. Entrance mats designed to retain and remove moisture and dirt at entrance areas experiencing heavy foot/wheeled traffic
* Safe passage for patients, nurses, midwives, carers and visitors on stairs across the large facility
* Enhanced access experience for visually impaired
* Avoidance of trips due to uneven levels between different flooring surfaces